Here are our tips on how to freeze sweet corn! Preserving sweet corn will allow you to enjoy one of your summer favorites all fall and winter long!
There’s no need to spend all day in the kitchen like Grandma did! You can freeze a few ears of corn every time you buy some or spend a couple hours in the evening! It’s well worth whatever time you do spend. Tasting fresh sweet corn in the dead of winter is quite the treat! Here is how the Graf Family recommends you freeze your sweet corn!
- Remove husk and clean silk from fresh sweet corn.
- In large pot, fill approx. ½ with water and bring to boil.
- Drop corn into boiling water, so that ears are covered with water.
- Bring to boil again and then cook in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Remove corn from boiling water and place in ice water bath for a few minutes.
- Then repeat in 2nd ice water bath for 5 minutes.
- Remove from water, and drain in colander.
- You may cut the corn off of the cob or leave it on the cob. The Graf Family prefers to cut the corn off the cob to prevent the cob from being soggy when it unthaws viagra v lekarni brez recepta.
- Place corn in zip-lock type freezer bags, remove air and seal. Place in freezer flat. Heat & enjoy at a later date.
Like to be more eco-friendly? Use clean mason jars with a lid and ring to freeze the corn in!